Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nami (Time Skip, After 2 years) | One Piece

Wasn't really planning on cosplaying her because of her big boobs lol. I just bought the wig for my Lina Inverse cosplay and while browsing my Facebook, I saw some One Piece Cosplay Group (of Grandline Philippines) that needed a Nami and Nico Robin - Time Skip characters. I know I'm the exact opposite of Nami when it comes to appearance like I have small boobs, my height is only 5' and so on. The only thing that we both matched are being skinny >.< Even though I'm the opposite of Nami, I volunteered to join their group, but of course I won't be wearing a bra only unless that I'll wore a body stocking in it (and right now, I don't have any funds to buy/make a body stocking. Aside from that, I noticed that I would just look like a hanger wearing a bra >.< so I'll resort in wearing a sando with green stripes LOL).

Here's a little info about Nami for those who don't know her and for those who aren't familiar with One Piece xD

Nami is a pirate and the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates. She is officially the third member of the crew after Arlong's defeat, and the second to join. She briefly betrays the crew during the Baratie Arc and rejoins at the end of the Arlong Arc after her past and true intentions are revealed. She has a bounty of Bsymbol.gif16,000,000.  


Nami is a young, normal-sized and skinny girl with orange hair and light brown eyes. Many people consider her to be very attractive or even beautiful. She has a blue tattoo (black in the manga) on her left shoulder which represents mikan and pinwheels (an homage to both Bell-mère, Nojiko, and Genzo, respectively), where she used to have a tattoo for being a member of Arlong's crew. 
  • Her height is 169 cm (5'6).
  • Her three measurements are (according to Sanji and series creator Oda in supplemental material) B95-W55-H85 (37"-21"-33"), making her breasts an I-cup in Japan. However, her breasts seem to grow into and then "reset" throughout the arcs (this is much more obvious in the manga and in Movie 7).
After the two year timeskip, Nami's hair has grown rather long, reaching down to her lower back. Her chest has also grown larger and rounder, like Robin's, but apart from this her appearance has not changed much, save for the fact that both her body curves and hourglass figure have become more pronounced. Oddly, her face is now drawn to look younger: with her eyes bigger (with the irises now showing), droopier, and placed lower on her face; though this may be from the art style evolving. She also appears to have grown taller, as she appears to be just slightly shorter than Robin now (although they are both wearing high heels). Her outfit after the timeskip consists of a revealing green and white bikini halter top, tight low-rider jeans (that expose some of her hips), orange high-heeled sandals, and a pair of pearl-like earrings. 



~*~ Torch 3 ~*~

I enjoyed cosplaying her even though its a bit hassle carrying her weapon while roaming around the venue xD Also, I'm kinda flattered when someone calls me "Nami" and asks if they could take a photo with me. There's this group of girls (high school?) who recognized me as Nami and began screaming and wanted to take a pic with me. I was really happy and flattered that time. Some people recognized me as "Nami" by my tattoo and weapon. There's this one group asking her friend if what character I am cosplaying then the other said "it's Nami! You see?" xD






  
 

My CosGroup from Bataan
  
(c) Yu Photography

Grabbed pics (credits to the owners of this pics)

 

 
 
~*~ The Best of Anime 2012 ~*~

I wasn't able to enjoy cosplaying her that day because of someone who acted silly -.- But still, when I found out from Usopp that one of my idol would join our group as Sanji, I suddenly got excited and nervous. When I met him, I never would've imagined that he's very cheerful and hyper. He told me that he was finding a Nami all the time and he was also shocked when he found out that the group has a Nami - and that's me xD. He even asked me if he could take a pic of us (for the Nami & Sanji tandemn). He also shouts "Nami-schwaaaan" every now and then which makes me laugh and smile at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment