Friday, May 17, 2013

In Your Arms Tonight: Kippei Ebihara (Summary and Walkthrough)



Kippei is MC’s supervisor after MC has been transferred to the Sales and Design Department.  He is serious about his work and is also very knowledgeable. Although he seems to be strict to his staff, he actually cherishes the abilities of each person.

For those who only needs a walkthrough (and doesn't want a spoiler) to get a super happy ending on Kippei's Story, here it is.


Walkthrough:


Chapter 1 

I think I work hard in my own way
I'd like to keep working if I can
 

Chapter 2
I was just surprised
I'm fine, really
 

Chapter 3
I'd like to believe in it, but...
Yes... 

Chapter 4
You're a good looking guy...
I've never seen you smile before
 

Chapter 5
A woman answered the phone
...Thank you, sir
 

Chapter 6
He was amazing
I can't
 

Chapter 7
You don't remember?
I wanted to apologize...
 

Chapter 8
Could we take a little walk?
I came to get out of the rain 

Chapter 9
Hold on
Daisies
 

Chapter 10
I had it in silent mode
You're wrong
 

Chapter 11
It's my fault
I'd like to keep working for a while
 

Chapter 12
I do...
Why did you say not to visit?


SPOILER STARTS HERE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK =))


Summary:

In Kippei's route, the main character has stuck by her husband and is actively attempting to salvage her marriage and the beginning starts with her and Kippei pairing up to redesign a kindergarten. It is through this job the two get stuck spending some alone time in an inn during a typhoon, all thanks to him jinxing them on the train. Koichi and both sets of parents don't like the fact she's been spending most of her time at work when she should start making babies. 

Drama ensues and one rainy night after another drunken rendezvous with Kippei the main character discovers Koichi with the other women in a hotel. The main character is left in despair and claims she no longer wants to live causing Kippei to put things into perspective by depressing her further with the story of his deceased brother that raised him. She ends up spending the night at his house, and they go for a walk in the park the next day. Unknown to her at the time, her mother was watching the two when she called to ask where her daughter was. 

The main character receives another earful about quitting her job before she saves the life of her jerk face husband from getting hit by a car, thus leading to her hospitalization. Kippei, being the sweetheart he is, has utilized his gardening knowledge to leave her flowers in the hospital room even though Koichi requested no one from work to visit her. One day after she wakes up, she overhears Koichi confronting Kippei about his visitations and Kippei tells him he only sees her as an irreplaceable employee. MC is depressed and doesn’t eat anything. Her husband then tricks Kippei to rush in one morning and lets them talk.  Both of them confess their true feeling, and they even tells MC’s husband. Koichi actually showing his good side, does give MC's request in having a divorce. After recovering and getting back to work, MC also has her divrorce filed.  After the welcoming back party at work, she goes to Kippei’s place and they spend the night together.


 

 





As MC is a divorced woman and also that Kippei is her supervisor, MC fears that she would affect Kippei’s reputation as work. As such, she prefers to keep their relationship from their colleagues. On the other hand, Kippei seems not to care about their relationship been known by others. There seems to be rumor that Kippei is going to get promoted.  Kippei hasn’t told MC anything about it though.  

Due to their busy works  (MC also works on a project with Aiba), they are kind of missing the chance to get everything out.  At last, it’s Kippei who has planned for a short trip and reinforces each other’s feeling.




It's been a year since you and Kippei have become a couple. The two of you are just enjoying the time you spend together without thinking too much about the future when you suddenly hear the news from Hana, your boss, that Kippei will be transferring to a branch in Nagoya (Apparently, Nagoya is a couple hours away by bullet train). Kippei insists that he will not ask you to come with him; your future will be a decision that you make on your own. You are forced to examine your priorities; will you stay in Tokyo to continue working the job you love or will you drop everything to be with Kippei? If you do decide to stay with Kippei, what will be the next step in your relationship?

Chapter 1
(A) A house with a big kitchen
(C) We've never talked about it

Chapter 2
(B) Stretch up to kiss him on the cheek
(C) You are too kind, Kippei

Chapter 3
(C) You're kind
(C) Didn't smile at all

Chapter 4
(C) I want to hear more
(A) Would you please consider hiring me?

Chapter 5
(A) If I get the ok
(B) My face lights up?

Chapter 6
(B) Thank you
(B) I don't know...

Chapter 7
(A) (I want us to be together, always)
(A) I'm not going to regret it

Chapter 8
(A) I'm grateful
(B) Are you sure?

Chapter 9
(C) Leave him be
(C) Don't ask





Another Story starts when MC starts to get divorced with her husband.  MC gets team-up with Kippei by their boss as it turns out that their boss believes they can help each other out.  MC also moves out from her parents’ house as her father dislikes her divorce.  By chance she moves to Kippei’s next door.  

With work and with life as a neighbour, MC starts to see different sides of Kippei.  As the boss has foreseen, MC actually helps Kippei to get back his way to his original dream.  Although they are attracted to each other, MC loses confidence in love as she doesn’t want to be betrayed again.  MC gets to move back to her parents’ place after her father collapses. As she has to help her mother to take care of her father, Kippei helps MC whenever he can and asks MC to rely on him.  

For Happy Ending, MC’s father forgives MC for her divorce (a feeling of out-of-the-blue of her father when I get this ending) and says that she can move out if she wants to.  After she gets back to work, her colleagues gossip that Kippei has changed a lot recently (being nicer).  MC then sees a female colleague from other department expresses her love to Kippei and that Kippei rejects her politely and indicates that his heart is on someone else.  Kippei then finds out MC is there all the time.  He invites MC to rooftop for a break with him.  MC expresses her love to Kippei and Kippei takes her to an unnoticed spot and kisses MC over and over.  

For Super Happy Ending, MC’s parents ask to visit the cafe that MC has been working on, and Kippei actually asks for the permission of the owner and goes there with them.  MC’s father finally forgives MC for her divorce and hopes she can be free to do whatever she wants to.  After the visit to the cafe, MC is reluctant to be departed with Kippei.  She decides to run to Kippei’s place after departed. After a night together, Kippei asks MC to live together with him as he loves her so much that he can’t stand living without her.

Chapter 1
I'm thankful, but...
There are a lot of reasons

Chapter 2
I'm not ashamed at all
I didn't think about increasing sales

Chapter 3
There's so much I don't know
I don't think anything

Chapter 4
I know
Just be honest

Chapter 5
I try to come in early once in a while...
I just thought, I need to learn from you

Chapter 6
Are you trying to work? You're sick!
Are you still trying to work?

Chapter 7
There's no use talking to you
Please help

Chapter 8
Not at all
Get a hold of yourself

Chapter 9
I don't know
I didn't feel like a party

Chapter 10
I want to go somewhere with you
I don't know why

Chapter 11
I just thought, that's cute
I guess these coincidences happen

Chapter 12
I love you too
It doesn't matter





This special story is a retelling of the main route from Kippei's point of view. Because of that, the plot isn't going to be any different, but you do get to learn things about him and see things he did that you don't get from the Main Story. Being only 5 chapters, (the 6th one is a bonus scene), the story does move fast, but you do get a lot of Kippei. 

Chapter 1
(C) I'm impressed you knew it
(B) I'll go check on her

Chapter 2
(A) I had no choice
(A) Thanks for dinner

Chapter 3
(B) I hear this sake's local
(B) I hate gossip

Chapter 4
(A) Did you make it home okay?
(B) Go after her




A Day with Kippei
A face that only I see

No comments:

Post a Comment