Tuesday, November 19, 2013

In Your Arms Tonight: Soji Higashiyama (Summary and Walkthrough)


Soji is an introvert.  He doesn’t like attention or socializing, and he’s earned a reputation of being difficult to work worth.  The truth is that he’s extremely dedicated to his art, and he’s always working hard to make each piece the best it can be.

Soji comes off as cold and blunt, but mostly he’s shy.  Though he doesn’t say a lot, his eye for detail means he notices a lot of things.  He’s usually doing something kind for the MC before she even realizes it.  Soji keeps most of his feelings to himself, but he’s quite an emotional guy.  He thinks about other people and will make decisions based on how it will affect them.  He doesn’t like to make people worry, and he will put the happiness of others before his own.




Walkthrough:

Chapter 1
A:  “Yes, I’d love to.”
A:  “Please.”

Chapter 2
B:  Please, just stop.”

Chapter 3
C:  I’m actually surprised he agreed.”
A:  “No, you can’t.”

Chapter 4
B:  “Don’t be so selfish.”
A:  “Sorry…”

Chapter 5
A:  “But you worked so hard on it.”
A:  “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

Chapter 6
C:  “You’re really very kind.”
B:  “I haven’t seen a movie in a long time.”

Chapter 7
A:  “I’m sorry.”
A:  “I think it’s great.”

Chapter 8
C.  “How rude!”
A:  “The work you do is wonderful.”

Chapter 9
A:  “I’m sure Higashiyama will be fine.”
A:  “It’s all in the past.”

Chapter 10
A:  “I don’t like it.”
B:  “It’s kind of sad.”

Chapter 11
A:  “Perhaps.”
A:  “Can I?”

Chapter 12
B:  “I’m happy we got to talk the other day…”
B:  “You taught me about ceramics.”

Chapter 13
A:  “It’s my fault.”
B:  “Let me stay.”

Chapter 14
A:  “I can’t.”
C:  “It’s how it should have been.”

Chapter 15
B:  “He hates me.”
C:  “I just wanted to see him.”

Chapter 16
A:  “All of it.”
B:  “I Thought you were shy.”


Summary

Soji is largely over-shadowed by his more outgoing, more charismatic older brother, Genji. He has spent most of his life watching his brother get all the limelight, and quite the opposite in personality. Soji is very introverted and very reserved. He doesn't pull punches despite being quiet. And in place of having anything to call his own, since his brother's talents have always outshone him, Soji has cultivated an interest in ceramics. In the meantime, MC spends much time trying to coax Soji out of his shell, since they used to be friends - coincidentally also trying to convince him to do some work for her company. All after a fresh divorce with Koichi.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment